Schatz

Amy's Frozen Meals

Rate this topic

Has anyone ever gotten sick after eating a gluten-free Amy's brand frozen dinner?

I ate one this evening for dinner and I am now very sick.

Also, yesterday afternoon by accident, I ate peanuts that had wheat starch on them. I threw up after eating them, and only felt a little tummy upset the rest of the night. All day today I have felt fine. I've just had to go to the bathroom a few times but no upset stomach. Then tonight, a few hours after eating the Amy's frozen dinner, I am sicker than a dog.

Is this from the frozen dinner or is this gluten still from yesterday's peanuts? How long does gluten stay in your system to be able to make you sick even after you've started feeling better?

Sounds like a two- fer.

Amy's is sort of notorious for sensitive people, it usually only takes one experience.... sorry about that.

• Upvote 1

Daughter has been fine with Amy's but she has an allergy to wheat and not celiac. But... There have been many reports here in the past of people getting sick from Amy's.

Yes, I've just spent about 20 minutes reading about all the people having reactions to Amy's. Sigh.