squirmy187

Digestion...warning...tmi

Rate this topic

Two years ago after doing an elimination diet, my Doctor told me to not eat gluten. I did really good for a while and then decided since it won't kill me (just cause stomach pain similar to an ulcer, which I am basically used to since I had it my whole life) I would just eat what I wanted. Recently I decided to be good to my body and try abstaining from gluten again, and for the last two weeks, I have had gas and diarrhea non-stop. In all honesty, I'd prefer the tiny holes being eaten in my stomach...no one can see/hear/smell that. I am thinking maybe my doctor was wrong, and I am not gluten intolerant. Considering I feel worse without it, than I did when I ate it. Any one have any ideas/thoughts on this? I do know a visit to an actual doctor is a good idea, but it has to wait until next year...I had a lymphoma scare last winter and I am still paying off the bills.

Your body got addicted to it hun. Its gonna take a while to get out of your system.

I'm thinking that you have other food intolerences that you do not know about as well.

You seem to be intolerant of whatever you have swapped out for the gluten! Are you eating a bunch of gluten-free baked goods with xanthan gum?