waterlily_

Looking For Flourless Chocolate Cake

Rate this topic

I'm looking for a flourless chocolate cake recipe that uses cocoa power and not melting chocolate. I can't find one anywhere and I lost the one I had.

Thanks!

HI There...

I am a Pastry Chef and this is a great recipe. :)

French Chocolate Cake (Flourless)

Yield: 12 servings

(Substitute 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder plus 2 tablespoons water for every 1-ounce unsweetened bakers chocolate)

Ingredients:

7 oz (200 g) semisweet chocolate (45-50 % cocoa)

4/5 cup (200 g) butter

1 cup (220 g) sugar

4 eggs, separated

Method

1. Preheat oven to 350deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).

2. Line a 9 in (23 cm) cake tin with greaseproof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.

3. Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water.

4. Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar.

5. Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.

6. Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.

7. Fold in the beaten egg whites.

8. Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.

9. Use a knife to separate the cake from the non-stick paper. Please observe that the cake is quite sticky!

The Flourless Chocolate Cake may be served warm or cold with whipped cream. The cream may be dusted with cocoa powder before serving, and the cake may be dusted with powdered sugar.

I make this frequently and it is great. The recipe is for sugar free, but you can just replace the sugar sub with sugar.

This is the one that Sylvia posted at the beginning of the year. It doesn't have the baker's chocolate but it does have choc chips . . . and cocoa. Thought I would post it so that it was listed with the other options as it is an awesome (and super rich) cake.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/passover-flourless-chocolate-cake-recipe

I haven't tried this yet:

Chocolate Cake (Adventures in a glutenfree kitchen)

from Simply Tempting, second edition, p. 120 (instructions slightly modified)

I thought it was 3 tbsp of cocoa powder + 1 tbsp of fat (either butter or coconut oil, or cocoa butter) for the sub instead of baker's chocolate? I think the use of a fat instead of water would make for a more moist outcome. Just my opinion of course based on what I've learned, and because I'm not afraid of fat :D

Thank you everyone for the recipes!