GFreeMO

So Deliciuos Coconut Milk

Rate this topic

I was wondering if anyone uses So Delicious Coconut Milk. I was thinking of buying some. They seem like a very allergy friendly company. How is it? Does it taste good with cereal or in coffee? Should I try plain or vanilla?

Thanks!

I've had it. Didn't have any problems with it (their ice cream makes me very sick for some reason, but not the milk). My only complaint is that it just tasted like water, thick white water. I had the plain flavor, and I believe it was unsweetened. Perhaps that's normal for coconut milk, I have no idea. But I was expecting a lovely mild coconut flavor, and it was like thick water. :(

It's just about all I use now! My husband eats it daily on gluten-free cereal and I use it for baking and cooking too. I like the "original" the best because it has a more neutral taste for things like mashed potatoes or soups. I will also get the unsweetened if they are out of the original. The vanilla is too sweet for me and obviously vanilla when used in cooking or baked goods. It's okay on cereal or in coffee though. Give them all a try to decide which you like best.

It was a HUGE hit here with my son till he was dx with a coconut allergy :( Way better than any of the other ones I have tried! Love the coffee creamer too!

I hated the Silk Coconut Milk. Ugh.

Is So Delicious better than that?

Maybe I expected a coconut hint in the flavor...it was thick and tasteless to me.

I'll have to see if I can find that brand.

I hated the Silk Coconut Milk. Ugh.

Is So Delicious better than that?

Maybe I expected a coconut hint in the flavor...it was thick and tasteless to me.

I'll have to see if I can find that brand.

It does not have a strong coconut flavor if that is what you are wanting. I like it because it doesn't make everything coconut flavored. If I want a coconut flavor I will use canned coocnut instead (which still is barely noticeable in baked goods such as cornbread). If you ar elooking for somethign in betweent he canned coocnut milk flavor and the coconut "beverage" flavor you could try mixing them together so you get something in between.

I love this milk! It tastes great with cereal and the vanilla one is really good in coffee. Give it a try. I really like it as a milk alternative.

I love the creamers but I can't get them anymore. I use more than a "serving" in my coffee and the calories add up the way I Over-use it! :P

Well, I thought that this was going to be a great milk alternative for me but it has not been agreeing with me. I can't stay out of the bathroom with it. I read that it can have a big laxative effect in some people. Oh well, back to making rice milk.

We like the vanilla one.