Rate this topic

I am newly diagnosed with gluten sensitivity. I have read that non food items such as hand lotion, chap stick, and lipsticks could be a problem. Are there any that are safe? If I call the manufacturers, what questions do I ask?

I am newly diagnosed with gluten sensitivity. I have read that non food items such as hand lotion, chap stick, and lipsticks could be a problem. Are there any that are safe? If I call the manufacturers, what questions do I ask?

For lotion I use Johnson's Shea and Cocoa Butter Baby Lotion, I use Carmex on my lips. If you call manufacturers, you probably wont get a black or white yes/no answer. Hopefully someone else will have some more ideas.

I'm gonna move your post the the newly diagnosed. I think you will find more relevant information there.

I use chapstick, Mary Kay Lipstick, Lubriderm Lotion.

Look through the product section of this site and you will find lots of stuff. Until you can read labels,it's a great help.

AND a welcome to you! Take a walk around. :)

Hi

I'm currently having the same problems so I'm calling the customer services of many cosmetic companies!

As to hand & body products quiet a few dermalogica products are gluten free- if you contact them they will select suitable ones for your needs. also all of Jessica nails (uk) products are gluten free!

Good luck

Xx

I never even considered other things to be an issue. Oh my. Guess I really need to read up!

Where do you live? Brands and ingredients may vary from country to country, and even from state/province within a country. It may help us to help you if we knew where you live :)

As for hand/body lotions, I use Watkins most often. I also have a few Watkins brand lip balms (addicted to lip balms I am!)

Shampoos and conditioners I use Pantene, and Balea.

Facial cleansers I use Watkins and/or Neutrogena.

And I have some Body Shop soaps and shower gel.

Mostly I just read ingredients lists, because if you ask a manufacturer if their products are gluten free, they mostly just give you their legal CYA that they cannot guarantee that anything is entirely gluten free run around.