Rate this topic

OK, I realize hot dogs are basically junk food, but here's my question... I don't see anything in the ingredients that indicates they would have gluten. But if they don't have gluten, then why are there "gluten free" hot dogs that cost a bazillion dollars? We don't eat them very often, but my little guy does like them, and I don't necessarily want to buy gluten free if the regular Ball Park frank version is OK. It would help at picnics as well.

Thanks

Nathan's was the only brand (that I'm aware of) that did contain gluten...they no longer do. But, in the US (important to note), most are gluten free. Wheat should be clearly listed, if it's an ingredient. Oscar Meyer, Ball Park, Boars Head, Hillshire Farm's (except the Brats and Beer) are all gluten free.

Some people with Celiac/Gluten Intolerance only buy products labelled "Gluten Free".

Manufacturers have learned that this means they can charge more for it if they want to....and they do.

But there are a lot of hot dogs that are safe.

And a lot of products not labelled gluten free that really ARE gluten free.

I emailed a company yesterday about there hot dogs. The package said gluten-free, but I have had issues with cross contaminaion.

I was asking about the tasty bite skinless hotdogs they make here in Maine.

This was there reply:

Hi Michelle ,

Thank you for your email our franks are gluten free and no contamination

of other things.

Regards~

Andrea McDonald

Kayem Foods

75 Arlington Street

Chelsea, Ma 02150