Lisa Kaye

Gallbladder Gone! But....

Rate this topic

Two weeks ago I had my gallbladder out for the following reasons: low ejection fraction (8%), Upper Rt Quad pain, loose stools --all for about 3 months.

I have to say --the surgery itself was easy; laproscopic --home 3 hours after surgery and recovered at home. Felt great 1 week post op; week two --

I am having cramping and pain in the upper rt quad again. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake in having the surgery. The good news though --

stools are back to normal.

Has anyone had a Lap Choly and still had pain in that area afterwards? I'm hoping it will go away after a few weeks of healing time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I had my gallbladder out in january and still have upper right pain. I also have the pain that radiates to the back sometimes(tho not too often). Ive heard it takes a while for it to get normal again because your liver is trying to adjust to the change. I also had a low functioning gallbladder.

Sandrad - thanks for your reply. That brightened my day, as I've been imaging all these horrible diseases.

Or, wasn't sure if it's Celiac rearing its ugly head, in spite of trying to

stick to a strict gluten-free diet. This is all such a pain in the butt (pun intended).

Thanks & have a nice weekend!

Don't forget to mention it at your follow up visit. There may have been a nick cut into the wrong place. If that is the case, that can be surgerical fix.

To tell you honestly I still have a slight pain in that area when I get tired. Surgery was 1 1/2 years ago for me.