AMaine

Size Of A Bread Machine Loaf

Rate this topic

I just started a gluten free diet about two weeks ago. I have a few friends with celiac disease, and they all strongly recommended baking your own bread as opposed to buying store bought. I thought it sounded like a great idea, and happened to spot a breadmaker on Craigslist, so I went at it.

I used a recipe I found on a gluten-free blog, and while the taste is GREAT, it took me a few days to figure out why I was having trouble making sandwiches. It's too wide and short. I don't think this was a problem with the bread - I think it's the size of the breadpan itself.

Do people use bread machine bread for sandwiches? Or am I just weird for not liking bread that shape? Is there a way to fix this (different sized bread pans I could buy somewhere?) or should I just bake in the oven instead? Thoughts?

Is that a used machine? It could have crumbs in the cracks from gluten bread. Not sure what it's like so I don't know how easy it is to clean thoroughly.

No, it was brand new. Not worried about that... just the size of the loaf.

What it comes down to is......We eat funny looking sandwiches.

There are myriad different recipes and bread pan shapes, both conventional and bread machine.

Matching them up so they work together is a real trip. Each gluten free flour has its own characteristics.