This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help!

New Community Member

New Community Member Explorer

I've been on a gluten free diet for a month now. I still seem to be having the same digestive issues...I always feel hungry, and fatigue....When I eat, I feel nauseous a lot of the time. From your experience, do I just need to be patient or could there be something else going on besides celiac??

P.S. - When I did my endoscopy, the doctor didn't see any other issue....

Thanks for any input!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Takala Enthusiast

You may need to re adjust your diet to one that is higher in protein, fat, and vegetables than the average Western World style diet which is high in grain based carbohydrates.

And if you are not doing so already, you should be taking a gluten free multivitamin and B complex, calcium, and magnesium.

Roda Rising Star

Maybe give us an idea of what your are eating. You may also be getting CC'd without realizing it. Did you replace your toaster, pasta strainer, wooden utensils, scratched nonstick pans, and any baking items/herbs & spices and condiments that may have CC?

Maybe give us an idea of what your are eating. You may also be getting CC'd without realizing it. Did you replace your toaster, pasta strainer, wooden utensils, scratched nonstick pans, and any baking items/herbs & spices and condiments that may have CC?

I usually eat:

toast (gluten-free bread)

almond milk, juice, sweet tea for drinks

chicken and rice

vegetables

fruit smoothies

barbeque chicken (gluten-free)

gluten-free pizza crust/sauce/vegetables/pepperoni

spaghetti (gluten-free)

peanut butter

potatoes

salads

taco salad (i use gluten-free chili powder, salt/pepper)

That's what I usually eat on a weekly basis. I cut out lactose, too. I share a kitchen with 3 roommates, so I only replaced a toaster. The dishes and pots/pans are relatively new (just bought this summer), but they cook their gluten stuff on it. I don't know what else to do...should it take a more than a month for me to notice a big difference?

Roda Rising Star

I wouldn't let your roomates use your cookware, especially if they are cooking pasta in one of them and definately don't share the pasta strainer. Yes it can take time to heal so don't get discouraged yet. I suspect with three roommates you could be getting CC from them. Do you share any foods with them? If so condiments, peanut butter etc could be contaminated from them putting their knife into it then putting it on bread and back into the condiment jar. Same for butter too.

I wouldn't let your roomates use your cookware, especially if they are cooking pasta in one of them and definately don't share the pasta strainer. Yes it can take time to heal so don't get discouraged yet. I suspect with three roommates you could be getting CC from them. Do you share any foods with them? If so condiments, peanut butter etc could be contaminated from them putting their knife into it then putting it on bread and back into the condiment jar. Same for butter too.

No, I don't share any foods with them. I have my own. I didn't realize a pasta strainer was a big issue. Might end up replacing that, too. Thanks for all your advice!

Archived