GFreeMO

What Is Steatorrhea

Rate this topic

I am wondering what steatorrhea is. Every time I get glutened, after the horrible gut pain and gas I will pass "mucus" through the rectum. I read that this may not be mucus that this may be steatorrhea. Does anyone else get this?

Thanks

I am wondering what steatorrhea is. Every time I get glutened, after the horrible gut pain and gas I will pass "mucus" through the rectum. I read that this may not be mucus that this may be steatorrhea. Does anyone else get this?

Thanks

It's greasy, oily diarrhea, produced primarily because a celiac body has trouble processing fats in the end stages/acute stages of the disease. I have it when I'm on a gluten containing diet or I've been cc'ed. If you do a google image search for the same term (gross, I know) the first couple of results look EXACTLY like what I was producing basically every day before I was diagnosed. Actually that search, plus my fiance going,"Hey, have you ever looked into celiac?" were what initially threw me down the rabbit hole. :)

Every time I get glutened by CC, I get bad gut cramps, bloating and gas for several days. Then as the pain stops, I get mucous, but not always in the stool. Often I will pass gas and pass mucous. OR I feel like I have to go but just pass gas and mucous. After the mucous is over, I will feel better.

I get that before the mucus stage...Thanks for the info...Isn't this celiac crap fun! :angry::huh:

Edited by GFreeMO