stephHKR

Walkers Crisps

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I am newly diagnosed and have completed 2 full days on a Gluten free diet - unfortunately i have woken up today feeling ill again and the only thing that i can think it will be is some walkers prawn cocktail crisps.....can anyone advise on this please?

Many thanks guys....

To the best of my knowledge, they contain gluten.

Most of Kettle Crisps are okay but you have to check the individual flavours. If you live in the UK, Tesco own make of lightly salted, ready salted, sweet chill and sundried tomato,garlic and basil are ok. Also the following from their Finest range; lightly salted, mature cheddar & caramelised Onion, root vegetable and sea salt & west country cider vinegar. Quite often in crisps it's barley that's the problem so remember to always check for barley and rye as well as wheat (and their derivitives).

Hope this helps. It's a steep learning curve when you're first diagnosed. I was diagnosed in May this year and at first it took me about three times as long to do my shopping and I still made mistakes.

As you begin your recovery journey, you will continue to experience symptoms while your intestines heal. Reactions may happen even though you have not eaten gluten. Two days is really early. Be patient, and stick to simple foods while your body heals.

• Upvote 1

Read the ingredients before you eat somethiing.

And I agree with Peter. 2 days isn't long enough to know what made you feel bad.

Peter is right on! Healing is a long process no matter what disease you are trying to heal from. Remember your intestines do go through a long healing process.