bny06

Gum- Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

Ok, i'm new to all of this, but are all gums/sugar free gums gluten free?? Thanks!

Ok, i'm new to all of this, but are all gums/sugar free gums gluten free?? Thanks!

I'm not aware of a gum that actually contains gluten, but stanger things have happened. I chew Orbit, Trident, and Extra and haven't had a problem.

Funny. I was looking for a breath mint yesterday.... I found maltodextrin in almost all - which in the U.S. Should declare wheat if it's wheat derived. I finally settled on regular Altoids. The small sugar free ones have wheat derived maltodextrin in them. Wintergreen has natural flavors, without clarification. Most other mints I picked up had undeclared natural flavors also.

Didn't check gum, can't chew it because of TMJ.

thanks! I was wondering about the mints too actually! I had wintergreen altoids and wasn't sure if they were safe either! thats good to know about malodextrin -i dind't know what that was! thanks yall!

thanks! I was wondering about the mints too actually! I had wintergreen altoids and wasn't sure if they were safe either! thats good to know about malodextrin -i dind't know what that was! thanks yall!

Maltodextrin should be fine unless it declares (wheat derived). It's the natural flavors that give me pause.

The natural flavors would have to declare wheat. And barley is ALMOST always listed as malt.

richard