NicoleR

Challah/bread & Pizza

Rate this topic

First off, I want to get gluten free challah, does anyone know if there is such a thing out there? I don't really want to be stuck making my own. Also, I'm new to this whole gluten free thing but how do pick out bread and pasta? Does anyone know what tastes most like the real thing? I was in the store and I'm like how am I supposed to decide between rice and quinoa and corn and so on?

I bought some waffles that I'm going to have in a minute. I've been dealing with this by just NOT eating grains which isn't so bad but after a month of it, I want to add in some substitute products.

Also, is there a kosher frozen pizza gluten free?

I have not found any Gluten Free Challah, that would be great. I just do with out since there is no way I am making it myself. If you find any let me know. Thanks.

I would be very surprised if you had more than one type of gluten-free Challah bread available in your stores. I have only ever heard of one brand that's sold commerically and that is Katz. Here's a thread about it:

Also, I know you said you didn't want to make your own, but you really should consider trying it if you can't get Katz. Simona's recipe is AMAZING and not that difficult to make:

• Upvote 1

I have ordered many times from Katz Gluten Free Bread company. Actually the bread is delicious. Not exactly like old fashioned challah from my youth, but it really is good. It is not twisted but is square. Check out there website. They have all kinds of really delicous goodies like rugalach, marble cake, buns etc. They will ship free on orders over $30.00 now. They even have a free sample box. They are now carried in some Whole Foods.

The link is: http://www.katzglutenfree.com/

Enjoy!

I've only seen the Katz Challah, myself, too. I've never seen them in any of the Whole Foods I go to in in the SW, but I have seen them in whole foods further east

Thanks, guys, I went to the Katz website and ran my zip code through. They have it in 2 of the 3 kosher grocery stores that are 2 to 3 miles from me. Of course, I usually shop in the other one, hahah! I even found a gluten free store in Brooklyn.

I used to make my own challah but it's a whole day affair and dough takes up so much of my freezer which is stuffed right now. I'm glad to know I can get it in the store. Though, it's not real bread-Jewishly so that's something for me to keep in mind.