missy'smom

Brown Rice Tortillas

Rate this topic

I am going to sound like such a newbie in asking this but with food allergies and diabetes, I have avoided many foods for a long time and am now reintroducing and re-inventing the wheel.

What can a person do with a tortilla? breakfast ideas with one?

Spead it with something, do the quesadilla thing,...what else?

I don't do eggs, tomatoes, cow dairy or nut butters. I can use hummus and goat cheeses, both the log type and a cheddar type.

Any ideas welcomed!

I use the brown rice tortillas from Trader Joes, cut one in half, spread on hummus and then top with deli meat from Whole Foods (I don't like the pre-packaged stuff with nitrates). I also like to throw on brocolli sprouts. Sometime when I can tolerate it, I will add avocado as well.

I am going to sound like such a newbie in asking this but with food allergies and diabetes, I have avoided many foods for a long time and am now reintroducing and re-inventing the wheel.

What can a person do with a tortilla? breakfast ideas with one?

Spead it with something, do the quesadilla thing,...what else?

I don't do eggs, tomatoes, cow dairy or nut butters. I can use hummus and goat cheeses, both the log type and a cheddar type.

Any ideas welcomed!

bean and beef burittos (I make without cheese all the time using corn tortillas and they are just as good).

Any type of salad that you would normally have just put it in a wrap so you can eat it without a fork.

Sunbutter and banana?

If you can get egg-free (vegan) Mayo you can fill with tuna salad or chicken salad

Here's a mediterranean Wrap that sounds good: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mediterranean-wrap/detail.aspx

Here's one with hummus: http://www.food.com/recipe/hummus-and-veggie-wrap-128313 (I'm sure you can leave out the tomatoes and add anytype of cooked meat that you want and this would be just as good)