Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gfresh404

How Long Till %100

Current Age: 24

Self- diagnosed Celiac and DH Age: 24

Time Gluten-Soy-caesin free: 3 weeks exactly

Amount Recovered: 30%

A lot of gastro issues have healed up (indigestion, bloating) but I still have some gas (both ends). My main issues are/were anxiety, shortness of breath, weird new allergies, and inability to stand exercise. I suspect thyroid problems which can take atleast three months to heal.

I don't know if 100% is ever possible

Diagnosed around age 25ish

It wasn't ever explained to me what celiac disease meant,

or what gluten-free was other than avoiding bread/pasta (no concept of cross contamination),

so didn't go "truly" gluten free until I became deathly ill and had to do the research myself,

about 2.5 years ago

95%+ recovery, as long I stay on this specific "diet" I'm on (it's way beyond gluten-free)

Age diagnosed: 27 through Enterolab<br style="color: rgb(44, 54, 68); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">Period of time gluten-free: 2.5 years<br style="color: rgb(44, 54, 68); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">Estimated % of Full Recovery: 75%

I've had ups and downs but a lot of my neurological symptoms have reduced making everything else easier to tolerate. I spend a lot of time tracking down the ingredient making me sick when I have set backs but so far I've been mostly correct once I find it. I've also cut out dairy and taken an (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) test to see if I can get closer to 100%.

Gluten free food since May 2009/Gluten free products since January 2010.

Tested through Enterolab

Other diagnosis: mild small fiber neuropathy, vitamin D deficiency