Fairy Dancer

Gluten Reaction?

Rate this topic

Ok on Saturday I decided to be bad and eat a turkey Sandwich. I am not officially diagnosed with celiac disease but decided to try a gluten free diet anyway as I was a getting rather a lot of symptoms and I have a brother with it. I did have an improvement in symptoms after going gluten free, but I thought I might get away with just one sarnie lol. I did get some bloating after eating it but at the time nowt more than that.

Anyway, its Monday now and I have diarrhoea and stomach pain as well as bloating. Could it be the sandwich I had on Saturday causing it or is it more likely to be something I ate today or even yesterday?

My vote is the gluten!

• Upvote 1

Gluten reaction for me is 24 hours after consumption, and these are some of the symptoms.

Gluten reaction time for me is 60-80 hours later and lasts about three days. That makes keeping a detailed food diary essential.

I'm so glad to see the time spreads for some of you. I have usually reacted within 12 hours, but I have been sick since Sunday night and have not eaten any possible bad stuff since Saturday lunch. Could my reaction time be spreading out? Also, this is the worst reaction since diagnosis almost four years age. Do responses to gluten worsen after a long time gluten free?