glutenfreemamax2

Digestive Enzymes

Rate this topic

Anyone take them? Do they help? What kind do you take? Do you only take them when you fear cc or all the time?

Yes, I was taking three types at one point. Mainly Lifeplan and Nutrigest. However, I stopped taking them because my liver was getting lazy and even more congested. Instead I tried peppermint oil, which so far has done a great job of getting the bile flowing... which means i don't need the digestive enzymes. When I have a problem I take it about 1 hour before eating, and by the time I come to eat I'm usually get hunger pangs, which is bile flow. There are pre-prepared peppermint oil caps on the market I believe. May not work for you but just letting you know what I do.

I find that they do help, not only with digesting food more completely, but with what I call "balloon belly". But I found many are not safe because they contain maltase (or malt diastase), which is derived from barley. However, the most effective digestive enzymes are the ones derived from microbial sources, as they can handle the acidity of the stomach, thus make it into the intestines intact. Two which I find work are Digest Platinum from NOW Foods, and Best Digestive Enzymes from Doctor's Best.

HTH