sreese68

Hotel Mini-Fridge - Cold Enough For Meat?

Rate this topic

My husband and I are having an anniversary get-away this weekend. The hotel said that they can remove everything from the mini-fridge, so I can store food there. Are those things cold enough to safely store ground meat for a couple of days? It's a nice hotel if that makes a difference

Hi.

I store organic lunch meat in them all the time. It's always been fine, but it is fully cooked. Can you partially freeze the meat for the 2nd day? Or maybe just add some ice to be sure.

Jillian

Usually you can turn those things up high enough to nearly freeze stuff. They can get just as cold as full-size ones, although just like full size ones you can get ones that don't work as well. But if you're still worried, partial freezing can work, as well.

richard

Freezing some of your food keeps the rest cold in your cooler, without the mess of ice.

• Upvote 1

My husband and I are having an anniversary get-away this weekend. The hotel said that they can remove everything from the mini-fridge, so I can store food there. Are those things cold enough to safely store ground meat for a couple of days? It's a nice hotel if that makes a difference