glutenfreemamax2

gluten-free All Purpose Flour

Rate this topic

Are they all basically the same?

I have a recipe that calls for savanahs (?) gluten-free flour but I have bobs on hand. Is it ok to substitute? I'm going to make egg noodles

Egg noodles are tricky, not all of the flours are the same. You are going to need a mixed flour with xanthan gum in order for your dough not to crumble when you knead it. I have used Bob's Red Mill Pizza crust flour for my noodles and it works well because of the mix and it has the xanthan gum. If you use the all purpose you will have to add xanthan gum. There should be tips on the side of the bag on how much to add.

Are they all basically the same?

I have a recipe that calls for savanahs (?) gluten-free flour but I have bobs on hand. Is it ok to substitute? I'm going to make egg noodles

You can try substituting but, no not all gluten-free "all Purpose" flours are the same. You may have good results if the ingredients are the same for both flour mixes, the ingredients can vary widely. It's best to stick with a recipe written for that particular flour brand (when talking about mixes not individual flours), especially when you are just learning what the different gluten-free flours taste like and how they act. Can you find a recipe that uses Bob's instead?