lemontree1

Using Rice Flour

Rate this topic

A new diet can be quite overwhelming, especially considering all the new ingredients that had never occurred to many of us to use before this. In light of this fact, I think it might be good to have one thread where we can talk about one ingredient at a time. This thread would be for rice flour.

What do you use rice flour for? Do you normally have different grinds of grains for different purposes? What qualities have you noticed using rice flour as compared to other flours? What is it best for?

I'm kind of new at using different flours, but craving something new for breakfast, I made a hot cereal with rice flour this morning. 1 cup of water and 4 Tbs. Rice flour mixed and microwaved for about 2 minutes, stirring at 1 minute and at 20 second intervals after that. Topped with butter and maple syrup.

It was a success with my five year old as well. She tried mine, then asked for her own bowl. :-)

Hi Lemontree. Welcome to the board. I just use it to bake cakes and to make bread and biscuts. That's about it. Glad you found success in your new breakfast entree :)

Y'all are gonna love this one.

I use brown rice flour as a facial skin exfoliant. Seriously. Works great!

I know I could cook with it, too....but use KAF for most cooking.

Y'all are gonna love this one.

I use brown rice flour as a facial skin exfoliant. Seriously. Works great!

I know I could cook with it, too....but use KAF for most cooking.

I'm loving it. And what do you wash your hair with? I've started rinsing mine with apple cider vinegar. Works great. Can't figure out what to wash it with to get the detergents out, though.

I use JR Ligget's shampoo bar and Magik Botanicals oil free (salicylate/gluten free) shampoo. I use Pantene to get the deposits off when I apply henna.

I use JR Ligget's shampoo bar and Magik Botanicals oil free (salicylate/gluten free) shampoo. I use Pantene to get the deposits off when I apply henna.

Sorry for the derailment. What deposits? Where do you buy your other shampoos?

Sorry for the derailment. What deposits? Where do you buy your other shampoos?

Both at health food stores or online.

A new diet can be quite overwhelming, especially considering all the new ingredients that had never occurred to many of us to use before this. In light of this fact, I think it might be good to have one thread where we can talk about one ingredient at a time. This thread would be for rice flour.

What do you use rice flour for? Do you normally have different grinds of grains for different purposes? What qualities have you noticed using rice flour as compared to other flours? What is it best for?

I'm kind of new at using different flours, but craving something new for breakfast, I made a hot cereal with rice flour this morning. 1 cup of water and 4 Tbs. Rice flour mixed and microwaved for about 2 minutes, stirring at 1 minute and at 20 second intervals after that. Topped with butter and maple syrup.

It was a success with my five year old as well. She tried mine, then asked for her own bowl. :-)

I keep sweet rice flour and regular rice flour around for pancakes, fritters, brownies, coating pans, etc.

Rice flour is my preferance flour mostly because of the flavor. If I use a mixed flour, I will still mix in more rice flour, mostly becasue of the taste.