Alwayssomething

Body Rash - New Diagnosis Need Help Please

Rate this topic

Well, if the rash is DH you can try a low iodine diet for a while and see if it diffuses the rash. DH needs iodine to erupt, so if you get the level low it will short circuit the reaction. Google "thyca" for guidelines on a low iodone diet.

If it isn't DH, you may have another food intolerance like milk, soy, eggs...try an elimination diet and keep a food diary.

Also, keep the rash moisturized. I like Vanicream. Cold packs help me with itching and pain.

Are you on thyroid meds? Some people develop chronic hives that remit with thyroid treatment.

Good luck!

Well, if the rash is DH you can try a low iodine diet for a while and see if it diffuses the rash. DH needs iodine to erupt, so if you get the level low it will short circuit the reaction. Google "thyca" for guidelines on a low iodone diet.

If it isn't DH, you may have another food intolerance like milk, soy, eggs...try an elimination diet and keep a food diary.

Also, keep the rash moisturized. I like Vanicream. Cold packs help me with itching and pain.

Are you on thyroid meds? Some people develop chronic hives that remit with thyroid treatment.

Good luck!

Pricklypear: No thyroid meds, only my antibodies and TPO are high, my T3, T4 and TSH are all normal so he will not give me any medication.

Where can I find Vanicream, I haven't tried that one yet and really haven't found anything that works. My skin is extremely dry, I've used Oil (olive, crisco, grape seed) several lotions and even covered things in Aquaphor and nothing works.