Katrala

How Long Until Dh Improvement?

Rate this topic

My daughter (who is 8) has had "eczema" almost her entire life.

It has never gone completely away and we've been to dermatologists, allergists, etc. and have tried just about every treatment. Sometimes it gets better and then it's back.

It's on her arms, legs, neck, and sometimes torso.

I was diagnosed with Celiac 6 months ago and after reading about DH, I thought perhaps she could have that. Both of my kids had the blood test for Celiac and both were negative (I never saw lab reports, just went on word on doctor, whom I have known for years and am very trusting of.) The doctor even went as far as saying, "But that doesn't mean she doesn't have Celiac."

I wanted to do a gluten-free trial with my daughter to see if it would help the rash on her skin. She's on board with it (I also wanted it to be her decision to try) and she started a few days ago. We talked about trying it for a month and seeing if it helped at all.

Approximately how long would it be before any signs of improvement of the rash are seen? Days, weeks, months? Is there a typical improvement period?

Thanks in advance for any info.

It could be any of those suggestions... days, weeks, months... Everyone is so different. It took 2 months before I was hive free ... and then had an unfortunate experience of being glutened recently. But after 3 weeks I started noticing an improvement. I've talked to other people that it took 12-18 months before seeing a full improvement. Best of luck to you and your daughter!!!! Be careful to check your shampoos, soaps, lotions, etc. I know personally, I am very sensative... So i had to do a lot of research to "de-gluten" my family and house.

What she said. Mine went away almost immediately but that appears to be highly unusual. Weeks to months to even more than a year is more normal.

richard