Britgirl

Is There A Master List Of gluten-free Products?

Rate this topic

I am purging my household of stuff with gluten in it. Is there a master list that I can refer to for products? I am looking for both food, household and personal items on the list. Anyone know?

No such list exists that I know of.

Lists are dangerous to rely on, as products are constantly changing. Your item could be different because it is newer (or older) than the information in the list.

Mmmm, good to know. I am only a couple of days into my diagnosis so I am kind of at a loss of where to begin. I know the obvious stuff of course, but it's the small stuff that you don't think of.

Mmmm, good to know. I am only a couple of days into my diagnosis so I am kind of at a loss of where to begin. I know the obvious stuff of course, but it's the small stuff that you don't think of.

It may be best to start with the ingredients that you can't have and then narrow down by reading labels.

Here's a link to help: http://www.celiac.com/categories/Safe-Gluten%252dFree-Food-List-%7B47%7D-Unsafe-Foods-%26amp%3B-Ingredients/

Basically, you need to check anything that could be intentionally or inadvertently ingested besides food: meds, vitamins, lip products, etc. I also make sure my shampoo, face wash, etc, is gluten free in case it ends up in my mouth when I'm showering.

Post some of things you have questions about, and we'll try to help. :)

After my DX I had to go through my pantry and spice cabinet looking for things to pitch.

Seasoned rice mixes, soups, bouillion, chili beans, noodle side dishes, pasta, seasoning/gravy mixes, salad dressings, etc.

First I pulled out all of the obvious ones, then started reading labels. I had several boxes of stuff to donate to the local food pantry. I was surprised to find the ice cream I had wasn't safe! :o

Check your shampoo..a lot of them have wheat protein in them, and your lotions, soaps, and cosmetics.

It really comes down to having to read labels. Both for seeing what to pitch..and what's safe to bring into the house.

Try here:

http://www.gfoverflow.com/

But as others have said lists change all the time.

Some mfg. do not require their suppliers to check

for gluten like Kraft does.

Some only list the required allergens but ignore

things like soy (which may or may not have gluten).

Some admit that CC may occur,others won't discuss it.

(Like walking through a minefield blindfolded but you have to try. :unsure: )