hercules25

Gluten Free Or Not? Campbells

Rate this topic

So I bought Butternut Squash Campbells soup (V8). I looked at the ingredients before I bought it and thought this looks ok but I think I have made a big mistake. I have looked all over the internet for answers but none and I just consumed the yummy soup. It seems like just when I think I am gluten free I am not. Add carnation powder to my soy milk the other day just to realize, I am an idiot, and I ate wheat. Can someone please help me with the soup?

What are the ingredients?

Butternut squash, water, potatoes, carrots cream (milk), contains less than 2% of:modified food starch, dehydrated potatoes, yeast extract, sugar, salt butter, flavoring, dehydrated onions, maltodextrin, celery, onions, corn oil, spice, cornstarch, sea salt, natural flavoring (soy)

Sounds gluten-free. I think I remember that being gluten-free is new? If you are still healing, it might not be gluten. Might just be part of healing. Might be another food that has been bothering you all along, but you didn't notice because of the gluten reaction.

Can be frustrating! :o

Nothing in that ingredient list is of concern to me with respect to celiac disease.

So I bought Butternut Squash Campbells soup (V8).

Campbell's does not consider this soup to be gluten free. No gluten ingredients, possibly, but not gluten free.

Here's a link where you can find a list of the products "in which every ingredient in each product was verified as being gluten free. As a further safeguard, [they] analyze each and every gluten free product to ensure compliance with our strict gluten free standards."

campbellsoupcompany FAQ

On this page, there is a link to a pdf listing what they consider their gluten-free products.

The only gluten-free soups listed by the main company are the following:

Swanson

Shauna, you are right that Campbell's does not certify this product as gluten-free, because they do not test it. That does not mean that it is not safe for a typical celiac to consume.

BTW, the Campbell's products sold in the US and Canada have different ingredients and which ones contain intentional gluten varies from country to country. Campbell's Canada will not hide gluten--I don't know about the US.