Strawberry_Jam

Thought Experiment?

Rate this topic

Those of you who can trace certain symptoms straight back to gluten, let me know what is the difference between:

- eating a whole biscuit or sandwich or something

- accidental CC from a visible crumb

- accidental CC from an invisible crumb (or picking up unseen gluten from a surface such as a cutting board, doorknob, whatever)

- build-up of CC over time from the small amounts of gluten in "gluten free" products (whether labelled so or not)

also, can you tell me if one tiny invisible or near-invisible crumb a week for three weeks would be worse than three tiny crumbs all at once? would it make the symptoms last longer overall but be less severe, or would the symptoms build in severity over time?

Sometimes I am tempted to go to my friend-who-loves-toast's house, pick up a tiny crumb on my fingertip from her counter, and eat it, then see what my reaction is like. Since I still experience my pre-diagnosis symptoms at the moment despite being very careful to scour my life from gluten, soya, and casein, I want to just know what to look for... but there are some possible sources of gluten and casein CC that I have experienced recently, about once a week for the past month, that I'm just now realising may be leading to some of my troubles.

just curious and so on. thanks.

For me it is all the same. I will be dizzy for at least 3 weeks.

I think this varies a lot depending where in the healing process you are. A lot of people feel they are much more sensitive to small amounts after they have been gluten free for a while. From personal experience, CC in the first few months left me feeling bloated and having tummy issues, while today it causes me to be pretty sick with much worse symptoms. And since it's an auto-immune response, I don't know if the reaction would be any different between a crumb and a baguette. I'd guess this varies a lot from person to person though.