weluvgators

Pacific Natural Foods

Rate this topic

Pacific Natural Foods has announced their NEW Seven Grain Beverage,

We
  • Upvote 1

:(

And that combination of grains sounds so gross!

I don't trust Pacific Naturals too many problems with that company and Gluten Free as yes that combo does sound gross.

I don't trust Pacific Naturals too many problems with that company and Gluten Free as yes that combo does sound gross.

I've been using some of their products for a long time, am an extremely sensitive diagnosed Celiac and have never had any problems

with any of the products I have bought and consumed. What problems with the company are you referring to?

• Upvote 1

I use Pacfic condensed cream of mushroom, chicken and celery soups. I have never had a problem with any of them. What problems are you refering to?

Darwin Award 2011 contender !

Some "gluten-free" manufacturers do not have the brains God gave a gnat. :blink::ph34r::angry:

Yeah, people really need to drink wheat. Maybe we'll get lucky and the product will fail. Spectacularly.

Not everyone has a problem with wheat so I don't think they deserve any Darwin Award. As no one has been specific with the problems

they claim there are with Pacific Foods, I take that to mean there aren't any. What really annoys me are Celiacs who trash a company which provides gluten free products that make our life easier. I am pretty damn sensitive and have never encountered any issues with their products and I've been gluten-free for 6 1/2 years. That's a good enough track record for me. If I ever get sick from anything they sell, I'll re-evaluate but until then, I consider Pacific Foods safe.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sensitive and don't use a lot of prepared foods but Pacific is a company I've always trusted. Don't recall having a problem with anything from them.

I'm glad to hear no one has actually posted that they've gotten sick from Pacific Naturals. I just got done eating dinner and had some soup from them. I was nervous for a second!

Thanks WLGators,

While I haven't had any problems with their milk substitutes myself, I don't think I have had any recently. Since they are now making a gluteny milk sub product, it sure seems like a good idea to check into their manufacturing/packaging process for possible cross-contamination issues.

I tested almond milk for the first time last night - just about an inch worth in a small glass (happened to be the Pacific brand).

Well, I spent the night awake with SEVERE stomach pain and mental agitation. Still have pain now.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, although I'm really glad to have found this thread. I'm also allergic to hazelnut so if they're manufacturing on the same line, it could have been that. Although my hazelnut allergy results in more typical allergy symptoms (itchy throat, rash), which this most definitely was not.

The rice vegan cheese I eat has carageenan in it and I'm fine with that, so don't think that was it.

I'm super disappointed because dairy, soy, and hemp are out for me, and I really really want a safe milk substitute.

Have any very or super sensitive types had any issues with the Pacific almond milk AFTER the new grain milk was introduced (let's say Oct 2011)?

Any other suggestions for a brand that would be safe from cc issues? I may try making my own, but I'd much rather not.

Follow up: After testing with just almonds and being fine, I tried the Blue Diamond Almond Milk last night and was fine. So it points to a cc issue with Pacific brand.

I tested almond milk for the first time last night - just about an inch worth in a small glass (happened to be the Pacific brand).

Well, I spent the night awake with SEVERE stomach pain and mental agitation. Still have pain now.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, although I'm really glad to have found this thread. I'm also allergic to hazelnut so if they're manufacturing on the same line, it could have been that. Although my hazelnut allergy results in more typical allergy symptoms (itchy throat, rash), which this most definitely was not.

The rice vegan cheese I eat has carageenan in it and I'm fine with that, so don't think that was it.

I'm super disappointed because dairy, soy, and hemp are out for me, and I really really want a safe milk substitute.

Have any very or super sensitive types had any issues with the Pacific almond milk AFTER the new grain milk was introduced (let's say Oct 2011)?

Any other suggestions for a brand that would be safe from cc issues? I may try making my own, but I'd much rather not.

No...I highly doubt you are being cc'd by Pacific products. I use their Almond Milk all the time and have never had the slightest issue with any Pacific product. Many, many Celiacs use them without issue. I am really sensitive also..I get sick from mere crumbs so I always know when I have ingested anything I shouldn't. In fact, it's been about 6 months since I took a hit and it was while I was on vacation in Europe. Don't always assume because you react to something it's from gluten. Milky products in general can cause difficulty for many Celiacs. If I drink too much milky anything over a few days, I can end up with cramping and it's not from gluten.

my spouse reacted to :

pacific organic almond milk

In general, I prefer to make milks, cheaper, less packaging,etc.

my spouse reacted to :

pacific organic almond milk

In general, I prefer to make milks, cheaper, less packaging,etc.

This has been discussed many times regarding different products but Pacific products are used by many Celiacs without issue. They actually label their stuff as gluten free so go the extra mile to make sure they are. If the vast majority of Celiacs use these products without a problem and a few have a reaction, then it's safe to say that the reaction is highly likely to not be a gluten one.

There are other companies that many Celiacs react to, Amy's being one of them, and they are known for cc problems. Pacific isn't one of them and people new to this diet should not be afraid to try the gluten free products. Many people have reactions that are not gluten related.

• Upvote 1