This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Non-Dairy Candy Recipe

kareng

kareng Grand Master

Once again, we are having an after work Xmas cocktail party for the people my hub works with. It will be about 40 people, mostly women. Last year, I forgot this fact & had enough food for 40 teenage boys.

We are going to do a similiar format of wine, cheese, chocolates. Instead I'm going for a few different cheeses - like a lemon one. We will do some chocolate truffles & fudge. Everything is soooo dairy focused, I would like a candy or bite-sized dessert I could make that wouldn't be dairy. Doesn't have to be chocolate, maybe something fruity?

I''ll also have some salami, olives, fruit, gluten-free crackers, too.

Thanks for your ideas.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

There are non dairy chocolates. I have no idea what they are, just that they exist.

You could do nondairy covered nuts (melt nondairy chocolate chips).

What about Buckeyes, using the same chips? That's peanut butter, sugar, a fat (use dairy free sub) and dip half in chocolate, right?

Yes, I'm a chocoholic.

What about a cake or something similar using coconut? They look yummy, unfortunately I think I have a coconut issue so I never try them.

Strawberries in a dipping sauce (could be chocolate). I think I've heard of balsamic glazes used with strawberries.

Milk-free cookies? Brownies?

lucia Enthusiast

macaroons, or (more exotic) mochi

(both dairy free)

Marilyn R Community Regular

Meringue cookies...here's a recipe I haven't tried: Open Original Shared Link

If you happen to have a fondue pot, a simple homemade chocolate sauce is so good with fresh fruits, and so festive. You could have an amaretto flavored whipped cream for your guests who partake in dairy. Easy to make. The chocolate sauce would probably be good in a small crock pot too. (You could wrap the pot in Christmas paper with a little scotch tape... ;)

Hope you have a great party.

Have you checked out E. Amsterdam's Cooking with Almond Flour? She has a Christmas Cookie recipe in that book, but I haven't tried it yet. Love her crackers recipe though!

kareng Grand Master

Thanks everyone!

missy'smom Collaborator

You can make vrious grown-up gelatins. Martha Stewatr has a bunch of recipes on her site. A sweeter wine or champagne, muscat, prosecco etc. make a gelatin out of it, add in berries pour it into those little plastic wine glasses from the $1 store and you've got an elegant fun dairy-free dessert.

kareng Grand Master

You can make vrious grown-up gelatins. Martha Stewatr has a bunch of recipes on her site. A sweeter wine or champagne, muscat, prosecco etc. make a gelatin out of it, add in berries pour it into those little plastic wine glasses from the $1 store and you've got an elegant fun dairy-free dessert.

Wooo! Sounds good! Just have to keep the kids out of the " adult jello".

My mom has a bunch of shot type glasses and small wine glasses. Just depends on if I want to get a tetanus shot and dig around in her basement. :blink:

Maybe I could use the leftover Elmo Dixie cups?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

Maybe I could use the leftover Elmo Dixie cups?

Now that would be seriously classy.

jerseyangel Proficient

Now that would be seriously classy.

....and a bit more difficult to keep the kids out of....

missy'smom Collaborator

You could make white grape juice versions for the kids in the Elmo cups.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

truffles? Super easy:

2c coconut milk-the thick stuff in the can

3c dairy free chocolate chips (most grocery stores have at least 1 brand w no milk, I get mine at Fred Meyer-it's their brand)

dairy free coatings--i.e. shredded coconut, ground almonds, cocoa powder, etc...

microwave the coconut milk till it starts to boil

add chocolate

cover and let sit for 2-4 minutes

stir well until glossy and beautiful

refridgerate till firm

line a cookie sheet w parchment (or a silpat if you have one ;) )

scoop out ~tbs of chocolate

roll into a ball

roll in coating of choice

freeze

take out an hour or so before the party and let sit at room temp

soooooooo delish!!

Can I just come out and cater it for you?? :D

kareng Grand Master

Can I just come out and cater it for you?? :D

Please!

Hub would love the coconut milk ones , rolled in coconut! He is a little coconutty!

Please!

Hub would love the coconut milk ones , rolled in coconut! He is a little coconutty!

Me too!!

• 1 month later...
Booghead Contributor

For Cheese use Munster. Its so smooth and tasty. If you have never used it before the color can be off putting. Its orange mold on the outside. You cut that off, and the inside is a creamy white. My favorite cheese, and it also just became available at my local grocery store. Try it out. Great with wine (lol jk, I don't drink wine but if I did it would be a red wine). B)

Archived