Chef Adrianna

Whole Foods: 365 Everyday Brand Cheeses

Rate this topic

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Whole Foods brand cheeses (365 brand). I bought some today and checked with customer service that they are gluten free. They assured me ALL whole foods cheeses are gluten-free.

The ingredients check out, there is nothing about wheat, shared facility, etc on the label but wanted to ask the forum, too! Thanks in advance.

Honestly, WF and the ingredients would be a better place to check.

That said, I have only seen gluten in " beer" cheeses.

Well, I asked one store and they told me it was gluten-free, then another store said it wasn't! I haven't had any getting a response from corporate.

Some places won't say something is gluten-free because they don't test it. In the US and Canada, they have to list the ingredients. Read the ingredients.

Right. There are no gluten ingredients on the label. The only allergen info says it contains milk. Can't be too careful, though!

I'm curious....do you call for everything you eat? Frozen corn? Apples? Milk? The other brands of cheese you ate before? You must spend a lot of time calling and e-mailing. In a factory that processes milk products, where would the gluten be? If you think they are sneaking it in, they wouldn't tell you, would they?

Do you understand that some companies will not call something gluten free if they don't do expensive tests on it? It does not mean it has any gluten. It just means the companies lawyers tell them that if they don't test for gluten, they can't say gluten free. If the new law in the US passes, many items that said gluten-free on them will no longer. They will still be gluten-free. Canned veggie cpmpanies will not add an extra cost to the product to test for something they didn't put in it.

Anyway...if you don't trust the product or the manufacturer, don't eat it.