MyMississippi

Chicken Pot Pie

Rate this topic

I just made a chicken pot pie from scratch-- It's in the oven baking now ---- I had to use Bob's Red Mill All purpose baking mix to make the drop biscuit style topping for a crust --- I don't think it's gonna work out well--

Before I was gluten-free, I used to make my wheat pie crusts from scratch as well--- A real pie crust on the bottom and top of the pot pie ---

Well, I can't do that now with the gluten-free flours because it's just too aggravating ! ! :angry: So I am settling for a drop biscuit type topping instead.

I would appreciate any suggestions for how to make something I can put on the top of my meat pies.

Thanks !

Hi!

I sure hope your chicken pot pie works for you. This morning, on my fourth attempt overall, I finally created some cornbread that I actually enjoyed eating and will serve to family in a little while. I understand your frustrations, at least partially because I was a home ec major and used to bake several times a week, always from "scratch". Well, it's still from "scratch", but a totally different set of rules to learn and different ingredients that are more than an little weird.

Please let us know how it turns out. :D

Well, I took the chicken pot pie out of the oven, and it looks great--- and the drop biscuits actually worked out well too --- Surprise, surprise ! :P ( And my husband didn't complain about the taste of the bean flour, but then he didn't say anything at all, so that's a bad sign ) :lol: But he ate a large plate full.

I thought it tasted fine, but I much prefer a real crust --

I will keep working on it --- maybe next time, I will make it with more liquid and pour it like a batter all over the top and see what happens.

Hi!

I sure hope your chicken pot pie works for you. This morning, on my fourth attempt overall, I finally created some cornbread that I actually enjoyed eating and will serve to family in a little while. I understand your frustrations, at least partially because I was a home ec major and used to bake several times a week, always from "scratch". Well, it's still from "scratch", but a totally different set of rules to learn and different ingredients that are more than an little weird.

Please let us know how it turns out. :D

I have a recipe for Mexican Cornbread Casserole that I am going to try soon --- It looks yummy and very easy to make - :)