sandsurfgirl

Great Stress Reliever When You Are Healing

Rate this topic

One of my friends that I met on this very board brought some stress relieving celiac disease's to me a couple of days ago and they have been so helpful. I had to share here because especially if you are new to celiac and you are very stressed these can help.

It's called Metamusic using Hemi-Sync technology. I don't really understand the science behind it, but I had heard of it for autistic kids when I was a teacher. Something about the way they arrange the sound affects your brainwaves and can relax you and enable you to focus. I wish I'd had it when I was going through gluten withdrawals and I had such brain fog.

Here's their website. http://www.hemi-sync.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=200&cat=Applications

I also found their celiac disease's under Monroe Products on that big shopping site that is unmentionable and they were cheaper there. They aren't too expensive anyway and I highly recommend them.

This is really interesting stuff. I used something similar with my first pregnancy for morning sickness. It didn't cure it but made it manageable. I have to say though that after the sickness left I couldn't listen to the track any more - it made me nauseous!!! :P

This is really interesting stuff. I used something similar with my first pregnancy for morning sickness. It didn't cure it but made it manageable. I have to say though that after the sickness left I couldn't listen to the track any more - it made me nauseous!!! :P

LOL! There are some foods I can't eat because they remind me of being sick.

I recently took great pleasure in breaking the two cee dee's (every time I type the letters c and d it turns it into celiac disease!!!!) I used during my 3-day labor, and tossing them in the trash. Couldn't even look at them without my back hurting.

I do have "Binaural Beats" on my phone...some are very soothing, others are like fingernails down a chalkboard.

I recently took great pleasure in breaking the two cee dee's (every time I type the letters c and d it turns it into celiac disease!!!!) I used during my 3-day labor, and tossing them in the trash. Couldn't even look at them without my back hurting.

I do have "Binaural Beats" on my phone...some are very soothing, others are like fingernails down a chalkboard.

These ones just sound like regular music. I don't hear any weird sounds on them although I read that some have like a static sound in the background but the ones I have don't have that sound. I wish I understood the science behind it, but apparently it's been researched a lot, especially with ADHD, autism, etc.

One of the things with having Cushings now is that the high cortisol in my system makes me anxious. This music calms that anxiety right down and it's been a lifesaver.

These ones just sound like regular music. I don't hear any weird sounds on them although I read that some have like a static sound in the background but the ones I have don't have that sound. I wish I understood the science behind it, but apparently it's been researched a lot, especially with ADHD, autism, etc.

One of the things with having Cushings now is that the high cortisol in my system makes me anxious. This music calms that anxiety right down and it's been a lifesaver.

I don't really hear anything when I listen to the binaural beats (other than music) but some of them agitate me, others soothe me - and not necessarily the ones that are named "soothing". I guess it's effective - but I have noticed i sometimes don't like what is prescribed for the problem - some of the relaxation ones make me climb the wall.

I haven't tried any of the CDs made specifically for anxiety, but when I was really sick from gluten last year (missed more than a week of class, lots of pointless doctor appointments and tests, could only eat small amounts of rice and water, lots of time spent curled up in a ball in bed) I had my ear buds in for most of the day and night. Jack Johnson's voice is soothing enough to mellow me out and take my focus away from food and pain. I listened to his 'To the Sea' album so many times though that now it makes me anxious-- that's not bedtime music anymore. I have a playlist for every mood, situation, type of pain; I always thought iTunes was overrated but it has kept me sane.