glutenfreemamax2

Salad Bar

Rate this topic

I had a salad bar today- only having lettuce, carrots, cheese, eggs, and my own gluten-free turkey and my own dressing.

After I ate it I got bloated. All the things I choose were away from the crutons, and I went way after lunch after everything had been changed out and was new.

What do you think made me bloated?

Could have been CC from stuff being chopped on the same chopping board. Is it possible you had something earlier in the day and it got you after a few hours? This is what's so hard with celiac. I hope you feel better soon.

I had a salad bar today- only having lettuce, carrots, cheese, eggs, and my own gluten-free turkey and my own dressing.

After I ate it I got bloated. All the things I choose were away from the crutons, and I went way after lunch after everything had been changed out and was new.

What do you think made me bloated?

First, for most people (celiac or not) salads are hard to digest. If bloating is your only symptom...you might want to lay off salads for a while.

OR maybe carbonation from a drink...not all roads lead to gluten.

I would stay away from anything with the word "bar" in it unless it's serving alcohol. Way too much risk of cross contamination. Too many hands in all of the items if you know what I mean.

I would stay away from anything with the word "bar" in it unless it's serving alcohol. Way too much risk of cross contamination. Too many hands in all of the items if you know what I mean.

LOL! That made me laugh.

I could see a wayward crouton flying pretty far across a salad bar, or crumbs getting wherever. I've been to a couple of buffets and had no problem though. One was a fancy place for a wedding and the chef gave me a personal tour of the buffet and went through all the ingredients. The other was at El Torito for the brunch. I just had an omelette and some fruit and it was fine. It was a wedding related event too. I wouldn't risk it if I didn't have to though.

I don't think there was any gluten since I only had the bloating, and it was almost immediate. I ate all my own food prior. I was just wondering if it's normal for sensitive tummies to be bothered by lettuce and carrots.

I don't think there was any gluten since I only had the bloating, and it was almost immediate. I ate all my own food prior. I was just wondering if it's normal for sensitive tummies to be bothered by lettuce and carrots.

I also stay away from salad bars but that said I still have problems with lettuce. It isn't a gluten issue but I do my 'salads' without it even after all these years.