Airies

New Symptoms

Rate this topic

Hello

I was diagnosed 6 months ago with Celiac at the time it was an affecting my intestines I lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks every thing I ate went straight through me. I made the mistake of eating milky way candy bars for about 2 weeks when I started to get a rash on my neck from everything I have read suggest Dermatitis Herpetformis. My question is I dont think i have had this before can different symptoms appear if you eat gluten.

Thanks for any help.

Dennis

Oh no! Milky way is full of malt. Bummer!

Yes your symptoms can change. The rash could very well be from DH. Since you ate so many of them, I suggest you go on a clean diet for a week or two. You have damage again to your intestine and it needs good fuel to heal. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, brown rice, lean proteins, etc so it can repair. I juice every day and that helps too. I can juice so many more veggies and fruits than I can eat.

Hang in there. You'll get better soon! Try Snickers instead. Reese's are okay too. There are lots of candy bars you can eat. Just not Milky Way. My poor celiac boy ate a bite size Milky Way by accident last Halloween and had D for three days. I cleaned out his candy but I missed that little piece.

Thanks for the information and yes I will be watching the candies i eat.

There's a thread on here somewhere with the safe candies list. I miss Milky Way. It was my favorite chocolate. I loved malt. I used to buy malt powder and put it in my milk or sprinkle it on ice cream.