CarolinaKip

Pigs In A Blanket

Rate this topic

Mine did not turn out so well last night. Any suggestions on the dough part? I used Chebe, and I didn't like it. Trying to master this for the up coming holidays. Thanks!!

We are talking about hot dogs or similar wrapped in crescent rolls right? If so, I have a gluten free crescent roll recipe that I have used sucessfully. I'm at work right now but will post after I get home in the morning.

Oh, in case you were wondering why I asked it is because I grew up knowing pigs in a blanket as cabbage rolls. :P

I made sausages wrapped in biscuit dough last night. They worked fine and were quite delicious. The dough recipe is posted on the thread about biscuits. I used the country coconut recipe, using 1 cup of rice flour and no coconut or starch. The biscuit melts a bit, which wasn't too bad, but the butter might be cut down a bit as well to help with the melting.

I haven't found this flour mix locally, but I remembered wishing for this when I checked this blogger's post. Hope it helps, good luck!

Here is a link to the crescent roll recipe I used. I want to say I used the Better Batter flour also. It has been a long time since I make them and I mix my own flour now. I'll have to try it with my own flour blend and see how it turns out.

http://betterbatter.org/worlds-easiest-crescent-rolls

Thank! I only cook gluten-free now and wanted this mostly for my children.