Rate this topic

Well, I have never eaten so little Halloween candy in my life.

And I don't think I will want it again.

I woke up with a sugar HANGOVER!!!!

We have BAGS of that crap left. Not as many kids came by as we expected. What should I do with it? Throw it out?

If it's not open give it to the food pantry!

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately the bags are open.

Trying to talk hubby into taking it to a customer - building full of engineers. They always want sugar and caffeine......

Makes me green to look at it.

Even if the bags are open if the candy is wrapped inside your local food bank will be happy to use it and the clients will be happy to recieve a treat.

Oh yeah baby. I'll be taking it to a food pantry, then.

On top of the leftovers, our son has a huge bag. Ugh!

We have a couple of local dentists that buy back candy (to get it out of the kid's hands mouths) at something like a dollar a pound.

The fitness center where my husband works has a drop off your extra Halloween Candy drive for "Operation Gratitude". The candy is boxed up and sent to military personnel overseas. Google it for more info.

Take a look around your community. You might find a program like this.

At work there was a humungous pile of candy on the table in the lunch room.....

What my family always did with the halloween candy was we would pick out the candies we don't like. And we froze the rest. then we could take out a few peices at a time. Having it frozen was a good deterent from trying to eat it all at once because some candies are not good frozen especially since we used the basement freezer which was always set to a low temp.

We were going to give it to the troops through a buy back but couldn't find a close drop off site quickly enough and ended up eating some :( it was not pretty. Finally we just threw it in the trash.

Btw, we didn't buy candy this year but the kids wanted to trick or treat for the fun of it, so all we had was the candy they got in the hour they were out.

For a real treat, my partner made gaps legal caramel apples!