TiaMichi2

Are Depomedrol, Lidocine, Marcaine, And Versed Injectables Gluten-Free

Rate this topic

I am about to have a Thoracic Nerve Root Block, (basically an Epidural) where they will inject a Corticosteroid called Depomedrol, and Lidocaine or Marcaine on the never to stop the pain; I will be sedated first via IV with Versed, and I am wondering if anyone out there can tell me if these medications have gluten in them.

I have been searching the web and have not been able to find any information on them. :blink:

Will appreciate the help, thanks!!!!

They should be but if in doubt call the doctors office and find out the company that makes them and then enter the name and the words contact info in a search engine to find out how to contact them and then call. In my limited, non professional experience most injectables if not all are safe.

Injectables do not have gluten.

richard

• Upvote 1

I just had a surgery on my hand yesterday and was injected with Lidocaine. I got no bad reaction at all..except I wish it hadn't worn off. Ouch!

I don't think you should have any problems with the others either? Be sure to ask.

• Upvote 1

I've had my share of injections... Never any problems, but it never hurts to mention Celiac to the doc.

• Upvote 1

They should be but if in doubt call the doctors office and find out the company that makes them and then enter the name and the words contact info in a search engine to find out how to contact them and then call. In my limited, non professional experience most injectables if not all are safe.

Thanks I will do that, just to make sure!!!

I am the worst cook and last year I made my own stuffing which was pretty darn good. Was so proud I tried it again for Christmas,

Every single expert I've ever read or talked to agrees -- injectables without exception do NOT have gluten. There's no need for concern.

richard