Ginsou

Chocolate Walnut Cake

Rate this topic

The Sunday edition of my local newspaper had a recipe that sounds quite interesting....it uses 10 eggs...when eggs are on sale, that's when I usually make angel food cake. Go to www.relish.com, search for Chocolate Walnut Cake for the photo and recipe. I have not tried this yet. Part of the article is as follows:

Not quite chocolate, coffee or vanilla, this cake is a delicious amalgam of ground nuts and eggs, and we bet it's the best cake you'll ever eat. It's also flourless, making it easily gluten-free. It's from chef George Bernas, who with his wife, Doris, owns and operates the Brandywine Inn, a small, 40 seat restaurant in Monroe, Ohio. They serve this at the restaurant's Thanksgiving dinner. Use gluten-free bread for a gluten-free cake. To toast nuts, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, watching carefully. You'll need a food processor and stand mixer to make this cake.

My cooking project this weekend will be a Chocolate Kahlua cake, so this recipe will be put on my "to do" list.

I have a recipe that sounds similar...bread crumbs and nuts and buttercream frosting. It is fabulous!

I have a recipe that sounds similar...bread crumbs and nuts and buttercream frosting. It is fabulous!

I have plenty of gluten free bread crumbs available...will have to make this my next experimental baking project. I don't have a weight problem, so always have cakes, brownies, or cookies on hand.