GFreeMO

Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Coffee

Rate this topic

I am gluten, soy, and casein free. I was really really craving something sweet and chocolatey. I stirred a heaping tablespoon of Hersheys cocoa powder with a tablespoon of sugar into a large mug of plain coffee. It's REALLY good. So even us gluten-free, cf, soy free people can enjoy a hot chocolate/flavored coffee type of drink.

• Upvote 1

Yum.

You also "activate" cocoa with heat...you could use cocoa like bar chocolate that way, also. Just combine with hot water.

Oooh sounds good right about now. I also like making hot chocolate (if you can have rice) with Pacific brand rice milk, cocoa powder, raw honey (but sugar would certainly work) and a dash of sea salt. Soooo good. Make sure the rice milk is Pacific brand though, I think it's one of the only ones truly gluten free. I'm pretty sensitive and I don't react to it.

Yum.

You also "activate" cocoa with heat...you could use cocoa like bar chocolate that way, also. Just combine with hot water.

What do you mean? I'm confused..lol

Oooh sounds good right about now. I also like making hot chocolate (if you can have rice) with Pacific brand rice milk, cocoa powder, raw honey (but sugar would certainly work) and a dash of sea salt. Soooo good. Make sure the rice milk is Pacific brand though, I think it's one of the only ones truly gluten free. I'm pretty sensitive and I don't react to it.

Yummy! I can't find that brand anywhere around here so I usually make my own rice milk. I'll have to try it in place of the coffee sometime. Thanks for the idea. It's hard being casein free to find something chocolate. Glad there is cocoa powder!!

What do you mean? I'm confused..lol

Try going to the Hershey's website. I believe they tell how to use cocoa in place of hard chocolate.

The point is that when you heat cocoa it changes the flavor

(strength, depth). Some people can't use any bar chocolates and use cocoa as a substitute.

Try going to the Hershey's website. I believe they tell how to use cocoa in place of hard chocolate.

The point is that when you heat cocoa it changes the flavor

(strength, depth). Some people can't use any bar chocolates and use cocoa as a substitute.

Thank you! :)

Yummy! I can't find that brand anywhere around here so I usually make my own rice milk. I'll have to try it in place of the coffee sometime. Thanks for the idea. It's hard being casein free to find something chocolate. Glad there is cocoa powder!!

Excellent - how do you make that? Do you just put rice in a blender and strain? Don't laugh - I'm not exactly the domestic type.

Excellent - how do you make that? Do you just put rice in a blender and strain? Don't laugh - I'm not exactly the domestic type.

Yes, Cook the rice, and put it in a blender with some water, honey or sugar or vanilla. Whatever you want and blend it until smooth. I dont bother straining it b/c the sediment sinks to the bottom but if you dont want that, just strain and refrigerate. It's really easy and cheap.

Sounds like even I can't screw that up!!! ha I'll be giving that a try this weekend. Thanks so much.