desperate

Would You Eat Rudi's Bread If Not Celiac?

Rate this topic

I actually prefer Rudi's bread over regular breads. Am I crazy? I did a gluten free challenge and still am not sure if I have a gluten problem but when I have whole grain bread now, it tastes so dry that I go back to Rudi's because I prefer the taste. I am surprised at myself and am wondering if it is not that healthy for me and that is why I like it. Is it so processed with tons of additives and sugar that that is the reason I prefer its taste? Is it unhealthy to eat? It has less protein and fiber and obviously no whole grains that are supposed to be good for you.

So I wonder how many of you would still eat Rudi's bread regularly if you weren't sensitive or intolerant to gluten? Should I go back to whole grain wheat bread for the health benefits if I am not gluten intolerant?

I actually prefer Rudi's bread over regular breads. Am I crazy? I did a gluten free challenge and still am not sure if I have a gluten problem but when I have whole grain bread now, it tastes so dry that I go back to Rudi's because I prefer the taste. I am surprised at myself and am wondering if it is not that healthy for me and that is why I like it. Is it so processed with tons of additives and sugar that that is the reason I prefer its taste? Is it unhealthy to eat? It has less protein and fiber and obviously no whole grains that are supposed to be good for you.

So I wonder how many of you would still eat Rudi's bread regularly if you weren't sensitive or intolerant to gluten? Should I go back to whole grain wheat bread for the health benefits if I am not gluten intolerant?

No you are not crazy. There's just something about regular bread that can get nauseating after a while. My favorite is actually Udi's bread (confusing right?, there's one called Rudi's and one called Udi's lol) But Yeah, Udi's is my favorite so far and it doesn't require refrigeration.

NO!!! Good old soft nutrient free white bread or a really good Croissant (like from Croissant d'Or in New Orleans) are about the only things I still miss. I've been Gluten free for 5 years, so my mind may be exaggerating how good those things are.

• Upvote 1

There is no reason to believe that a gluten-free diet is less healthy than a "normal" one that includes wheat.

Croissants and sourdough french - now that's bread!!! :D

I have not tried the Rudi's gluten-free bread because it has egg in it. But gluten is not an issue for me. I have tried the Rudi's white bread. It is nasty! It is not soft like white bread should be. It is dry and crumbly and it actually reminds me in texture of Ener-G bread that has not been put in the microwave to soften it. So even if I could eat egg, I doubt I would try the gluten-free Rudi's. If they can't to regular bread right I sure wouldn't trust them to do gluten-free right.

There's no way I would eat any gluten-free bread if I didn't have to. Not sure if I can remember what "real" bread tastes like.

hmmm. I never ate a lot of bread previously, and gluten-free stuff is so pricey that I only get it for a treat, and since it's a treat I always buy the cinnamon raisin, which I never bought as regular bread, so.....As far as I know, Rudi's is cinnamon toast bread, so yes, I would. :D

We don't get Rudi's here in Canada, but we do get Udi's. It must be good because everytime I buy a loaf my non-Celiac husband eats at least half of it! Granted we have no regular bread in the house, but he's not much of a bread-eater so if he didn't like it, he wouldn't eat it!

Up until I found out I can't eat corn, I LOVED Udi's. To me it tastes like french bread. And I LOVED Canyon Bakehouse seven grain bread. It was almost like having dessert. Now I can't have any bread at all, and although I wouldn't eat Ener-G bread if you paid me, I definitely miss the other two.

This is where I am having all my problems, even when I was little ( the adult would say people in jail only ge bread and water) I would say I could live in jail lol as I am a bread addict. For real my fav snack was toast, didnt make a meal with out some sort of bread. Now I am trying to find a good bread recipie here so I can make my own as 5.00 for not even seems to be a quarter of a loaf is a bit much for me.

Ohhhhhh bread ; / I can live with out all the rest cakes pies cookies ect

I would go back to baking my own wheat bread in a heartbeat. Rudi's is good for gluten-free but it doesn't have the taste or texture of fresh, homemade whole wheat bread.

Like Bartfull, I'm not eating any bread right now so it's sort of a non-issue.

sure I'd but I'd eat the regular wheat filled rudis.

Good god no. gluten-free bread is just awful compared to the stuff with wheat.

richard

Is this question a joke???

I'm unamused as gluten-free bread is garbage.

Is this question a joke???

I'm unamused as gluten-free bread is garbage.

To each his own, I guess. Some folks like liver and onions. Some folks hate it. Some of us love Udi's and Rudi's. I guess you don't.

Now, if all you had ever tried was Ener-G tapioca or rice breads, then I'd have to agree with you! :blink:

After almost one year of being a Celiac, I've found absolutely nothing even remotely close to bread as I knew it. Almost resorting to learning how to bake my own and FORGET that Bob's Red Mill stuff.

Gluten free bread is horrible.I will eat rudi's toasted in a pinch.Being Italian and growing up all that great bread.Nothing gluten free even comes close.

No offence, but the loaf of Rudy's I bought was terrible. Took forever to toast, just your typical sucky gluten-free bread IMO. Udi's is the only bread I've found that's palatable (just barely).

I would never touch any gluten-free product again if I wasn't Celiac.

best regards, lm

Heck no! I'd eat every sandwich on crusty, squashy baguettes, and opt for croissants instead of toast for breakfast. The very idea makes me want to start baking. Yum.

Hey, if you like it then keep eating it.