Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kitgordon

Got Careless - Paying The Price

Thanks all. I'm pretty sure she just had vit. d levels checked out. She's been diagnosed over 20 years btw.

I am getting her one of those lights this year for the holidays or her bday. She will be 86 in two weeks.

Awesome!

My Mom will be 85 in Jan. She goes to the gym 3X a week and does cardio-kick boxing, the stair master and aerobics with her "girlfriends"--all in their 60's because she says "old people get her down".... :blink: I know, she's something! I'm lucky I can walk. Period. :unsure:

My cousin swears by her "Sad Light" as she calls it. Hope it helps your Mom! :)

I got glutened Saturday night. It was one of those things where I just wasn't paying attention and afterwards I felt so stupid. Anyway, I've been pushing huge amounts of water through my system. I also ready somewhere on this board to soak in a bath with 2 cups Epsom Salts and 1 cup Baking Soda, so I tried that. I've also been taking lots of probiotics. While I felt terrible yesterday, I don't have nearly the depression or brain fog today that I've had in the past after getting glutened, so maybe something helped.

What kind of probiotics do you all take?

What kind of probiotics do you all take?

I have used Custom Probiotics 6- Strain powder. Excellent product, IMHO

and I recently added the OTC brand Culturelle as my doc suggested it contains a strain called Lactobacillis GG that he wanted me to add in.

The addition of probiotics saved me. I was really sick and I had testing done before my DX and I had NO good bacteria in my gut whatsoever :blink:

After a few months gluten-free and taking probiotics, ALL my burning pain from my mouth through my esophagus to my stomach to you know where :rolleyes: had ceased (I had that awful pain for nearly 3 years) and the chronic D and C that I had all my life---was gone. :)

Feels amazing to be "normal" :D