DonnaMM

Weird Findings On Ct

Rate this topic

I frequently get CTs of abdomen as a follow up for cancer. My scans often show weird findings such as transient intussusception and fluid in my jejunum. Did anyone else present with these kind if findings? I still find it quite funny that even with these odd findings and the visual appearance of my small intestine I still had to diagnose myself

I frequently get CTs of abdomen as a follow up for cancer. My scans often show weird findings such as transient intussusception and fluid in my jejunum. Did anyone else present with these kind if findings? I still find it quite funny that even with these odd findings and the visual appearance of my small intestine I still had to diagnose myself

What a brave young woman you are!!

So much they / we don't know yet...

http://www.turkgastro.org/pdf/709.pdf :

"In conclusion, to the best of our knowledge, our report

is the first to describe the frequency of celiac disease

and celiac disease-related auto-antibodies in patients with

HL and NHL in a southeastern Turkish population.

There is no evidence that celiac disease is a premalignant

condition for HL and NHL. Serological screening

for celiac disease in lymphoma patients does not seem to be

necessary. Further large-scale studies should be

performed to confirm this conclusion."

I was diagnosed with lymphoma based on bloodwork and CT of abdomen. Everything pointed to that except the biopsy of lymph nodes. It turned out I had Celiacs but the doctors were convinced I had lymphoma some where. They tested and poked and prodded everywhere in my body. They just couldn't believe swollen mesenteric lymph nodes, swelling in my illeum and jejunum and fluid in my pelvic cavity was all caused by just Celiacs. I even had a mass in my colon they couldn't identify. Subsequent CTs have shown nodes shrinking and fluid gone and that mass is "missing"! :-)

Everyone's body reacts differently to gluten, that is for sure.

Are you finding the gluten free diet helping with remission?

• Upvote 1