mommyto2kids

What Do You Do When Your Friends Just Don't Get It?

Rate this topic

I've been through so much the last 6 months medically. I have a friend that keeps grilling me to help in my kid's class. She thinks I'm not doing my part and hinting at it. Not sure what to do? Truey going to tell her where to go, just drives me nuts.

I've been through so much the last 6 months medically. I have a friend that keeps grilling me to help in my kid's class. She thinks I'm not doing my part and hinting at it. Not sure what to do? Truey going to tell her where to go, just drives me nuts.

Just tell her you help when and where you can when your health permits. Don't try to make excuses, just leave it at that.

Three years ago the president of the schools P&C (parents & citizens) strangely arrived at my sons school bus stop. He had a box of old books and so on and asked if I'd help with the school fete/fair.

Turns out I had completely and unknowingly accepted responsibility for making the fete/fair happen.

Truely bizarre and I was at my very worst at the time.

School parent dynamics are peculiar to me :blink:

I am shy and try to keep coeliac to myself, have friends who are doctors and lawyers and they still dont get it so good luck explaining anti bodies to the average joe and the maybe maybe nature of the disease. YOU MIGHT get cancer at 40 or you might be diagnosed Coeliac at 87 lol like someone local to me.