This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Determined To Try Gluten Relief

alicewa

GFinDC Veteran

BG Before Grain here too. And Muffin the cat head stopped throwing up when she went gluten-free. She really likes here gluten filled cat treats and doesn't even eat the gluten-free cat treats. But when I give her the gluten treats she gets sick every time. So she no get those anymore.

@ALicewa,

Hi Alice,

The thing to understand about celiac is it is an autoimmune condition. Your body isn't dumb and it will automatically start cranking out antibodies when you eat gluten. Think what would happen if it didn't. If our immune systems took their bloody time getting busy we would all die of infectious disease in no time flat. So even if you had a pill that digested gluten, it would be too late, because your body reacts to the gluten real quick. Celiac's not the same as lactose intolerance which is not autoimmune. You can take lactaid enzyme pills for lactose intolerance and it helps. But there is no immune reaction in lactose intolerance so not a big problem. it doesn't matter if it takes a couple hours for the lactase pills to digest the gluten. That is a major difference between celiac and treatments with pills and other non-autoimmune conditions.

You know how people get sick once and then they are immune to that disease right? That's because their immune systems have adapted to fight that disease and they don't forget. That's really helpful as we don't have thousands of people dying all around us with polio and measles and etc, etc everyday.

Thanks for the blog link about cheating on the gluten-free diet. That is a nicely written article there.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

alicewa Contributor

Perhaps the autoimmunity is caused by this though?

kareng Grand Master

Once again.... Who is writing this? Are they a Celiac researcher from one of the Celiac Centers? A random guy on the internet who writes well? Are they selling something?

I don't have the patience to search the website to try to see if they have any valid credentials. I would think If its Columbia or Mayo, that would be listed & easy to find.

The writing (grammer) isn't what one would expect from a serious medical article or website. I would be leery of anything written there.

IrishHeart Veteran

Really?.....Are you kidding me? :blink:

They state on the site:

"CureZone started as a personal homepage in Norway."

Does this sound like someone who can give you solid medical advice? :blink:

Geesh, hun....it's time to give it up. :rolleyes:

You're just wasting your time searching for a "cure" on the internet.

And you would be very ill-advised to do a "bowel cleanse"--as Ravenwoodglass already told you on the other thread.

IF THERE WAS A CURE, WE'D KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

We have given you our best and honest advice. But you keep ignoring it.

Why do you keep posting about these "scam cures"?????

In my humble opinion, it would serve you best--and give you peace of mind-- if you would spend your time learning about celiac disease and how to cope and live with it.

alicewa Contributor

Ok, I'm getting the idea. That's why I'm asking you. I had no intention of getting the product from CureZone, I was just interested in what caused this problem in case I someday have kids. I know there's not a whole lot that can be done or prevented. Should stop living with regret. :unsure:

IrishHeart Veteran

Alice,

Read about celiac disease from a REPUTABLE SITE. From the nature of your queries, it is obvious you have no real understanding of it.

Knowledge is power. And with that knowledge, acceptance will come. Be healthy and be happy!

Open Original Shared Link

Best wishes,

IH

jswog Contributor

We use Merrick's BG--Before Grain.

A 100% RAW natural diet is the way to go!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

A 100% RAW natural diet is the way to go!

What are you feeding your cat? Raw chicken? Got a funny image of you letting some mice loose in the laundry room and putting the cat in. :D

jswog Contributor

What are you feeding your cat? Raw chicken? Got a funny image of you letting some mice loose in the laundry room and putting the cat in. :D

I don't have a cat, but I did raise a couple of generations of winning show dogs on a raw diet. The lady I bought much of hard to find foods from had several cats whom she fed a fully raw natural diet. She died of pancreatic cancer a few years back, but I believe her husband kept the business going. If you google 'My Pet Carnivore' you will see many articles she wrote about feeding her cats and dog raw.

Jen

• 4 months later...
alicewa Contributor

I've ordered Gluten Relief! After hearing from 2 others who tried and said they did really well with it I couldn't resist. I took the first 6 today. I also got another thyroid product with it for Vitamin B12 absorption, so I'll let you know of my results. :)

If I were to run tests afterward which would you recommend?

Skylark Collaborator

Damnit, Alice. Get it through you head that THERE IS NO CURE FOR CELIAC. The people who say gluten relief works are most likely shills or slightly intolerant people getting placebo effects. Their so-called clinical trial was a joke with completely incorrect statistics and their data actually failed to show an effect.

You've got to get over this denial before you give yourself neuropathy or another autoimmune disease from eating gluten. I really think you need counseling.

kareng Grand Master

Damnit, Alice. Get it through you head that THERE IS NO CURE FOR CELIAC. The people who say gluten relief works are most likely shills or slightly intolerant people getting placebo effects. Their so-called clinical trial was a joke with completely incorrect statistics and their data actually failed to show an effect.

You've got to get over this denial before you give yourself neuropathy or another autoimmune disease from eating gluten. I really think you need counseling.

Skylark - I wasn't even going to comment. Sadly, there is no point.

Skylark Collaborator

Skylark - I wasn't even going to comment. Sadly, there is no point.

I keep hoping to get through to her... :(

Kamma Explorer

Yes, Alice, listen to Skylark.

Also, really think about this:

If Gluten relief enzymes actually worked, don't you think that they would be mass marketed to all the celiacs out there just dying to conveniently eat bread, buns, cookies, cereals, trips to MacDonalds and so on?

Don't you think that if these things actually worked, the manufacturer would be trying to make millions off them by marketing them via doctors, health care centers and so on?

You have been had twice, Alice:

1. Through your money.

2. Through your trust.

There's good, decent people on here who have been around the celiac block many times over and can offer good, sound support. It would really benefit you if you gave them some credence.

IrishHeart Veteran

If I were to run tests afterward which would you recommend?

I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT maybe you should HAVE YOUR HEAD EXAMINED. :blink:

Alice, I have the patience of a saint, but you've pushed even me to the wall with your silliness. I have begged you to get counseling for this denial you are in, haven't I? Haven't we all?

There is no cure or magic pill for celiac. You cannot keep risking your life by eating gluten and expecting a miracle cure to "wash it out". How many threads have you started with this nonsense? I saw your "poll" about giving your hypothetical children gluten. What was that all about anyway?

YOU NEED COUNSELING.

YOU ARE IN SERIOUS DENIAL.

YOU HAVE A POTENTIALLY LIFE-THREATENING AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE.

Do you even read what we write back to you on all these threads you start? I think you just post this nonsense and then laugh at us all working so hard to help you.

No matter what we say, you do the opposite. Just like a little kid would do. Last time, it was you threatening to eat a cupcake and we all tried to stop you and you ate it anyway. Then, against our advice, did a "salt water cleanse" that is dangerous. <_<

Do you think this is a joke? I do not find you funny.

Honestly, I am beginning to think you are just screwing around with us --and frankly, I am wondering what your purpose here is.

GET HELP.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

I ditto what SkyLark and Irish Heart have said..except I would have sworn some too! I'm beginning to wonder if you're just a shill trying to sell this rediculous product? SURELY you can't be that thick headed? :blink:

I'm just not going to respond any more to this nonsense!

alicewa Contributor

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to get everyone worked up. :(

I asked my MD what his thoughts were and he said sure, but be absolutely sure that I watch my symptoms closely and if I'm having none then I should redo the celiac panel periodically. Of course, he figured the chances of something working were slim.

I just wasn't sure if you'd have any additional ones like Cyrex Labs with Arrays that should be performed.

psawyer Proficient

Alice, you have heard from so many people who care about you and want you to know the truth about celiac disease.

"Of course, he figured the chances of something working were slim." Well, actually slimmer than that. Zero, based on current scientific knowledge.

This discussion is going nowhere, and is wasting the time of everyone involved.

Good luck with your quest, Alice. If it doesn't work, we will all still be here for you.

Archived