Joe0123

So Delicious And Purely Decadent Products

Rate this topic

I'm wondering about their products, particularly their coconut products. Their website has information on all the steps they take to prevent cross contamination and they have listings of what is gluten free and such. Still, one can never be too careful. Does anyone eat their products, and have you ever had a reaction to anything?

I have eaten So Delicious without problems. Have no tried Purely Decadent.

We've had problems with both. I thought it was maybe another ingredient in them or something then I started getting on (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned).com where some people do their own gluten testing on products. Sure enough the purely decadent coconut milk ice cream tested positive for low levels of gluten. I guess it just depends on how sensitive you are. If you tolerate most prepackaged gluten free foods then I would think you would be fine with these. We're super sensitive and don't tolerate much at all.

I reacted to every flavor of So Delicious that our store carried - mint, chocolate, vanilla, coconut...don't think they carried any others, locally. I was so stoked to try them out because it was an ice cream without sugarcane, for once! :D

My daughter and son have reacted to many flavors of the Purely Decadent stuff and a few times to So Delicious. They've also eaten some and been just fine, so I'd guess it's more of a periodic risk of cc, for most people, than that every batch is contaminated. The little So Delicious chocolate covered coconut ice-cream bars gave a worse reaction than the regular little tubs.

My daughter and myself are way up in the sensitivity scale, my son less so. He's reacted the fewest times to these products, and it was usually only when his sister had a major reaction that he showed any reaction at all.

I'm wondering about their products, particularly their coconut products. Their website has information on all the steps they take to prevent cross contamination and they have listings of what is gluten free and such. Still, one can never be too careful. Does anyone eat their products, and have you ever had a reaction to anything?

I use the So Delicious coconut ice creams and have had no issues with them. I am a very sensitive Celiac also. People can have a problem with coconut in general because of the fat content, which can be hard for Celiacs to digest well. It can cause the same reaction as a gluten hit. I have no problem recommending this to other Celiacs. Try it....it's very good!

Just for the record, I don't have any problems with coconut, or fat. Even among super sensitives, sensitivity levels can vary.

I use So Delicious Coconut milk and their Creamer as well--in baking and on cereal and in my tea. I eat the ice cream, too.

I usually react right away with "gluten head" or bowel issues --and I have NO reaction whatsoever.

I guess everyone is different.