Tabz

Casserole

Rate this topic

i loved my moms green bean casserole i could make it but it calls for ( french's fried onions )

is there something else i could use in place of that ?

:huh:

I have not found anything commercially sold *sigh*. But, a friend of mine is indian and she makes fried onions with besan flour (chickpea) as a snack. I will ask her how she makes it but in the mean time you can prob google a recipe if you want to try it.

• Upvote 1

I have never had green bean casserole, or funyuns, but I've heard of people using them in place of the fried onions.

I have never had green bean casserole, or funyuns, but I've heard of people using them in place of the fried onions.

What a great idea!

Just a quick comment . . . you can't use the Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup for green bean casserole. Check Pacific Foods Cream of Mushroom or Progresso's Creamy Mushroom (it's got slices of mushrooms...which doesn't work at my house unless I puree it because heaven forbid we see a mushroom in our casserole! <_< )

i dont like the look of mushrooms i make a homemade condenced cream of

mushroom soup recipe online to sneak it in my beef strogonoff .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i love fried onion's on green bean caserole.:)

Seneca the makers of dried apples & fruits makes a gluten-free fried onion crisp.... They are very hard to find ,can be ordered online & are very good even for snacking....

hth

Just a quick comment . . . you can't use the Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup for green bean casserole. Check Pacific Foods Cream of Mushroom or Progresso's Creamy Mushroom (it's got slices of mushrooms...which doesn't work at my house unless I puree it because heaven forbid we see a mushroom in our casserole! <_< )

When I used the progresso mushroom soup, it was kinda loose, so I used cornstarch to thicken it. I also used the funyuns. My kids loved it more than the campbell's.