DonnaMM

Trying To Regulate

Rate this topic

I have realized that since I have gone gluten free I struggle more with constipation. Although it is way better than running to the bathroom and hoping to make it in time but the constipation is pretty bad too. Not sure if it's because I am eating less while I try to find food I like or if it's cause I am not getting as much fiber since I don't eat wheat or if my intestines is just finally get back to normal. Any suggestions?

I am too. I think it's that our system is settling down? Be sure to drink plenty of water..it keeps things moving, along with plenty of veggies.

I recently found that I'm intolerant to soy..it gives me D. I use that to my advantage. If things aren't happening soon enough I eat just a few M&Ms and that soy lethicin is just enough to even me out. ;)

I'm interested to see if others have this..and what they do?

I'm in month 5, and I must say bathroom habits have been the weirdest part.

Before I was always mildly (at least) constipated. Any more than one bm a day was instant D.

Now, I go 2-3x a day and have finally stopped panicking....but there was a lot of back and forth between day 1 and today. Some D, some C...lots of weird.

Apples help C for me. Anything with fiber - beans, etc. water, too.

It's just hard for your body to find a new normal. I still get C easily if I don't eat enough veggies, or get enough exercise. I think sugar gives me C.

Thanks I think I may try some benefited in my water. Anyone know if it's gluten free?

More veggies, beans and fruits are your best bet. It can take some time to get everything regulated again and heal the damage.

You can take a magnesium supplement to move things along. Don't take it everyday unless you are sure you need it, just use it for C.