Silencio

Just Diagnosed

Rate this topic

I was just diagnosed with celiac. I have an appointment to see a GI in a few weeks. I have no symptoms at all, feeling just fine. I just had a lot of blood in my stool for a few days in a row, it has stopped and has been normal after that. Is it normal to have blood in your stool with Celiac? I think I had Celiac for a while before I was diagnosed. My teeth are moving/shiftting/turning quite a bit. I found out Celiac causes that. Should I stay off milk til I see the GI and see how bad it is? I have only been drinking this almond stuff.

I was just diagnosed with celiac. I have an appointment to see a GI in a few weeks. I have no symptoms at all, feeling just fine. I just had a lot of blood in my stool for a few days in a row, it has stopped and has been normal after that. Is it normal to have blood in your stool with Celiac? I think I had Celiac for a while before I was diagnosed. My teeth are moving/shiftting/turning quite a bit. I found out Celiac causes that. Should I stay off milk til I see the GI and see how bad it is? I have only been drinking this almond stuff.

Do be sure to keep eating gluten until after you see the GI doctor if you are going to have an endo. If dairy is bothering you then go ahead and stay dairy free for now as that won't effect any testing the GI might do.

While blood in the stool is not a common celiac problem it can happen for a variety of reasons.

Celiac is not solely a GI disease so you may find after you have been gluten free for a bit that it has impacted areas you didn't realize were being impacted.

I was told by the doctor not to eat any gluten at all. Maybe I should call the GI and see what they have to say.

About the milk, It dosent bother me to drink it. I heard it takes the intestines longer to heal if you drink it.

Also could my intestines be really bad if I keep eating gluten? I am scared to continue eating it knowing the harm its doing.

I was told by the doctor not to eat any gluten at all. Maybe I should call the GI and see what they have to say.

About the milk, It dosent bother me to drink it. I heard it takes the intestines longer to heal if you drink it.

Also could my intestines be really bad if I keep eating gluten? I am scared to continue eating it knowing the harm its doing.

Call the GI and ask if they are going to do an endo. If they are you could end up with a false negative on testing. If dairy doesn't bother you then go ahead and keep it in. The reason we are advised to eliminate dairy is because the same area of the intestines that is damaged by celiac is the area that produces the enzyme we need to help digest dairy.

It isn't just the intestines that are damaged by gluten it can be any organ in the body. If you don't feel you need a GI doctor to tell you to be gluten free then the choice of whether to go to one or not is up to you. If you had positive blood work then you need the diet regardless of the outcome of the biopsy.

I called the GI. I guess my appointment is just to set things up, talk about whats going to go on and stuff then schedule another day to do it. Thanks for all the info. I will start drinking milk again :)