sariesue

Dizziness

Rate this topic

Does anyone ever get dizzy for no apparent reason? I have been getting dizzy a lot lately. It seems to happen more when I'm tired. It's happened twice now in 24hrs. Last night I had just came home from my two hour ballet/pointe class and suddenly got too dizzy to stand. And this morning when I woke up I was very dizzy and still really tired so I went back to sleep for an hour. When I woke up later I was fine. It's just odd.

I was dizzy when I first went gluten free, but it went away. If you have been fine and are just now getting dizzy spells you need to go to your doctor. Your electrolytes could be off or a whole bunch of other things that are easy to fix.

Try drinking some Gatorade for now and hydrating well. But go see the doc.

The fatigue, coupled with the fact that the dizziness hit not during ballet class, but after, would seem to indicate that it's probably not a balance or inner ear issue, so at least that's likely not a problem there.

I'd agree with heading to the doc. As well as electrolytes, it could very easily be vitamin deficiencies or other issues of that sort. Iron anemia, low vitamin B or D, or others. If your doc can check you for deficiencies, that would be best.

And if your doc isn't knowledgeable about celiac disease, you need to make sure they test you again for vitamin deficiencies within a month or two. As a celiac, you may not be absorbing the vitamins properly, so you want to make sure and check how well you are absorbing, in case you need to take a higher dose than the average person. And then continue to be monitored, because the more you heal, the more you'll absorb, and the dosage often needs to be lowered.

The fatigue, coupled with the fact that the dizziness hit not during ballet class, but after, would seem to indicate that it's probably not a balance or inner ear issue, so at least that's likely not a problem there.

I'd agree with heading to the doc. As well as electrolytes, it could very easily be vitamin deficiencies or other issues of that sort. Iron anemia, low vitamin B or D, or others. If your doc can check you for deficiencies, that would be best.

And if your doc isn't knowledgeable about celiac disease, you need to make sure they test you again for vitamin deficiencies within a month or two. As a celiac, you may not be absorbing the vitamins properly, so you want to make sure and check how well you are absorbing, in case you need to take a higher dose than the average person. And then continue to be monitored, because the more you heal, the more you'll absorb, and the dosage often needs to be lowered.

According to my dr I don't have celiac(blood tests and biposy negative), I just have a gluten intolerance. The only blood test that has ever come back as off was my b12 which was considered in the normal range, but nearly deficient and that was a year ago. So I supplement and the last time it was tested my dr said it was normal. But, I don't know how normal as he didn't give me the results. For some reason he doesn't like to give the actual numbers. So I doubt it's a deficiency. But, I probably should make a dr's appt. How I hate drs....

If you are unhappy with your doc, then find another one. It's so worth it when you find one you like. None of them are perfect.

Those tests are inaccurate a lot of the time. If you gluten makes you sick, then there's your answer. And if they want to call it gluten intolerance, fine but you still need to be checked for things.

• Upvote 1