TylerJ

New Symptoms

Rate this topic

Hi im new here and i just wanted to ask. ive been a celiac since i was 6 (diagnosed) and i just started getting really bad splitting pains in my stomach, im 16 now. i usually watch what i eat but even since i was little i still eat alot of gluten and ive had the occasional breakout and stuff but never these sharp pains.. any advice? and as of today im on a 100% gluten free diet :)

Hi im new here and i just wanted to ask. ive been a celiac since i was 6 (diagnosed) and i just started getting really bad splitting pains in my stomach, im 16 now. i usually watch what i eat but even since i was little i still eat alot of gluten and ive had the occasional breakout and stuff but never these sharp pains.. any advice? and as of today im on a 100% gluten free diet :)

I think you just gave yourself the best advice there is: get off and stay off the gluten, you'll feel so much better!

Is your diet completely gluten free? Are you reading labels and know all the wrods to look for? If you feel the gluten is not the problem and still having issues with the stomach I would suspect dairy.

I would say that your stomach issues are a result of not being complient with the diet. With every cheet you are causing damage. I would go back to eating 100% gluten free by sticking with the basics. Try not to eat to much processed items. Your stomach needs time to heal. If you are still having issues after eliminiting gluten for a time, you may want to consider other intolerances such as dairy. Dairy can be hard to digest due to the damage to the villi that produce the necessary enzyme to digest lactose.

thank you very much. ive gone 100% gluten free again and i feel a bit better already surprisingly.

thank you very much. ive gone 100% gluten free again and i feel a bit better already surprisingly.

That's good to hear. I hope you feel better soon!