sreese68

Do You Take Longer To Heal From Stomach Virus?

Rate this topic

We passed a virus around the family that consisted of major fatigue for a few days (8 days for one kid) and lack of appetite/bloating. I felt it mildly 10 days ago and had the full force 9 days ago. My stomach is still off - bloating, gas, a touch of C. I'm concerned it's taking so long for me to feel better, and I'm worried this is a new food intolerance! (I already have problems with all dairy, fructose, brown rice, and tomatoes.)

It doesn't help that when I was feeling it the worst, I felt like I HAD to eat even though I didn't want to. I had lost 2 pounds on a trip, and it's too low a weight for me. (I don't feel great at this weight. Trying to get gain it back.) Could this have been a mistake?

And I ate less fiber than I normally do. I just got my fiber level back to normal two days ago. My food intolerances show up as C, so I've found that getting enough is very important for me.

Please tell me I'm being paranoid, and I just need to be patient! Please tell me it's too much of a coincidence for a food intolerance to show up right when a virus does! I had been feeling SO good before this hit, so it's making me freak out a little.

I always take longer to heal. My husband and I can catch the same thing and he'll be sick for 1-2 days and I'm sick for 2-3 weeks, with the exact same virus. We both got a nasty stomach flu last winter and he had D for one day, and I had D and vomiting for a week, and then felt horrible for another 2 weeks. Same thing happened this summer when we got the same cold.

Traditionally, stomach bugs hit me harder than other family members....but I haven't had one since going gluten-free.

Probiotics always help me a lot, with anything stomach related.

Hope you feel better soon.

I get them all the time and take forever to get better. I will probably get one just by reading this thread.

I get them all the time and take forever to get better. I will probably get one just by reading this thread.

Ugh. Me too. They better not be contagious over the Internet!

I find I have to go onto broth and clear liquid for a couple days, then add a little rice and applesauce for a couple more. If I try to eat normally while I'm recovering I stay nauseous a lot longer.

Y'all are making me feel better! Well, mentally at least! LOL! I'll just give it more time.