pretordan

I Think The Gluten Free Diet Might Be Working But...

Rate this topic

I still have some intestinal gas issues in the evening. In the evening I can start feeling air move around and make "back fart" noises. They are sporadic and never actually produce gas until the morning. It is less than when I was on gluten so is it possible my body is still healing?

Also, I have lost weight since starting this gluten diet - probably because I eat almost all protein and salad with little carbs. I've been trying to eat peanut to offset it a bit but I have gone down 2.5-3 pounds in a week! Any advice?

Raw veggies in salads can be hard to digest at first. Can you go with fresh meats, chicken, well cooked veggies and fruits and add in some potatoes or rice? You do need some carbs for a well balanced diet.

How long have you been on the diet? We usually have some ups and downs while healing so that is to be expected.

peanuts can cause gas.

If you're now eating a whole foods, natural diet, with few carbohydrates, it's not uncommon to lose weight. It's called "Atkins" in some circles ;)

Just make sure you're eating a well balanced diet of healthy fats, proteins, and gluten free carbs. Which is sounds like you are. If you don't want to lose weight, add some more carbs, like sweet potatoes, small portions of brown rice (white rice is so over processed that there's little to no nutritional value in it anymore), nuts, seeds, salad dressings, olive oil, fruits, etc etc etc...

Raw vegetables & peanuts = gas. Another cause of gas is lack of good bacteria to help digest food. Maybe try eating foods with natural probiotics in them. And a great, all natural, enzyme you can use is papaya. Its a digestive enzyme that helps with gas. Works wonders :D I even give it to my dog sometimes when he has tummy issues